This key interest area focuses on topics that are specific to the school sector (K to Year 12) plus topics from other key international education interest areas where there is specific relevance to schools and/or to students under 18 years.
Topics under this KIA typically cover:
- support for international students in schools
- management and support for under-18s including welfare and accommodation
- application of the National Code
- pathways to further study after Year 12
- student mobility at the school level
- global competency including citizenship
- internationalisation of the curriculum
- sharing of leading practice and the latest research into sectorial issues
- market diversification
- TNE opportunities
- strengthening links with the higher education and vocational education sectors.
Topics in this key interest area may overlap with pathways (PATH), business development and strategy (BD&S), admissions and compliance (A&C), transnational education (TNE), marketing (MKT) and students (STU).
This KIA will be of interest to:
- international education professionals working in the school sector
- school principals, heads of department and teachers
- government and non-government representatives responsible for policy, regulation and international education industry growth and promotion
- delegates from higher education, ELICOS and vocational education sectors focusing on sourcing students and enrolling under-18s
- delegates seeking a deeper understanding of the school sector and its linkages to other sectors.