Transnational education (TNE)
This key interest area focuses on all aspects, models and sectors of TNE: strategy and management, emerging markets and trends, risk, regulation and compliance, student experience, teaching and learning and graduate outcomes.
Topics under this KIA typically include:
- emerging global trends in TNE, including new markets and models
- good practice in TNE management
- TNE sector level engagement in the schools, VET and higher education sectors
- host country and Australian Government policy and regulatory environment for TNE
- managing risk and quality assurance of TNE
- innovation and sustainability in TNE
- host country perspectives on TNE
- benchmarking of TNE globally
- professional accreditation of TNE programs
- role of technology in TNE
- TNE teaching, learning and student experience issues
- TNE graduate outcomes
government policy and regulation for TNE
- quality assurance of TNE.
Topics in this key interest area may overlap with admissions and compliance (A&C), business development (BD&S), employability (EMP), marketing (MKT) and teaching and learning (T&L).
This KIA will be of interest to:
- senior professional and academic staff with overarching responsibility for TNE in their organisation
- government representatives and affiliated agencies involved in TNE policy, regulatory frameworks, and TNE/ international education markets
- delegates interested in keeping abreast of global trends and developments in TNE
- delegates interested in identifying emerging markets, understanding changes in existing markets and becoming more informed about competitor activities.
9 February - Call for proposals opens
10 March - Call for proposals closes
1 June - Registration open
31 July - Early bird registration closes
10-13 October – AIEC 2023