This key interest area is all about international students, their expectations, needs and experiences, at all stages of the student journey.
Topics under this KIA typically cover:
- predeparture needs and good practice
- the student's voice
- student support services
- health and welfare
- mental health and wellbeing
- safety and security
- social inclusion
- community engagement
- academic support skills
- workplace experiences, exploitation and employability
- transition and retention
- income support for international students.
Topics in this key interest area may overlap with employability (EMP), pathways; schools (SCH) and scholarships and fellowships (S&F).
This KIA key interest area will be of interest to:
- international student advisers/engagement staff
- health, counseling and wellbeing staff
- insurance providers
- safety and security staff
- accommodation providers
- student groups
- community organisations
- government representatives
- marketing and sales staff
- compliance staff.
9 February - Call for proposals opens
10 March - Call for proposals closes
1 June - Registration open
31 July - Early bird registration closes
10-13 October – AIEC 2023