AIEC 2023 - Adelaide
Dates: 10–13 October 2023
Location: Adelaide Convention Centre
Theme: International education: visionary and transformative
International education: visionary and transformative
1,700 delegates met at AIEC 2023 in Adelaide (Tarntanya), on the lands of the Kaurna people, on 10 to 13 October 2023.
Held over four days, the conference provides a unique convergence of networking, learning and celebration in a single package, and attracts attendees from Australia and overseas.
The 2023 program included sessions covering 100+ important topics for international education today from 230+ speakers, hot topics in all key interest areas, expert panels and presentations, interactive session formats to facilitate learning and discussion, and plenty of networking opportunities through Braindates and at social events.
Inspired by the progressive history of our host city, this year’s theme focused on the role that innovation plays in transforming the experiences of our students and the communities in which they live, work and study.
AIEC in words
Keynotes and plenary speakers
Australian Strategy for International Education Town Hall Forum
This plenary session gave delegates the opportunity to participate in a highly interactive forum focusing on the Australian Strategy for International Education.
Members from the Council for International Education, Julian Hill MP, Hon Phil Honeywood, Yeganeh Soltanpour, Karen Sandercock and Jane Johnston provided key updates on the strategy and responded to questions from the audience.
This session was expertly facilitated by the MC of the day, Annabel Crabb.
Emerging Futures 4
The latest iteration of IDP’s Emerging Futures research unpacked international students’ attitudes in 2023 towards migration policy, post-study work rights, tuition fees, cost of living and support services across all major study destinations – Australian New Zealand, UK, Canada, and USA. Presented by IDP Connect's Simon Emmett, CEO and Joanna Storti, Director, Partnerships and Stakeholder Engagement (APAC).
A night in technicolour
- Koala News - IDP Research: Australia and Canada Top of the Pops When it Comes to Student Choice
- Study International - AI, Australia #1 choice of students: The biggest changes impacting Australian unis today
- Times Higher Education - Offer international students more on post-study work, UK told
- Times Higher Education - International students ‘to verge on majority’ at top universities
- ICEF Monitor - Australia draws level with Canada in latest student destination preference survey
- University World News - Warmer relations with China, India open HE opportunities
- The Australian - Economic impact of international education is larger than generally believed
- The Australian - Innovators forge a brave new world for international education
- Yahoo!News - Australia tops list for one group of migrants
- Podcast – Global Horizons International Ed News October 20th 2023
Thank you to our 2023 Committees Members:
Hon. Phil Honeywood
Prof. Ren Yi
Christina Del Medico