This key interest area focuses on marketing and communications across all aspects of international education and across all education sectors. This includes campaigns, brand, digital, print, advertising, social media, public relations, events, market research and student recruitment.
Topics under this KIA typically include:
- emerging trends and innovations in marketing such as virtual marketing and recruitment strategies
- performance metrics including return on investment
- working with agents and other third parties
- channel marketing approaches
- conversion techniques and innovations
- collaborative marketing with partners and other stakeholders (alumni, partner institutions, businesses and industry)
- niche marketing (e.g. specialised programs, postgraduate research)
- media and public relations; country profiling highlighting challenges and opportunities
- innovations in digital marketing
- content marketing
- campaign marketing
- effective use of social media
- innovations in student recruitment activities such as virtual events and other initiatives
- monitoring and understanding market trends
- market research, interpreting data and competitor analysis
- promoting regional destinations
- diversity opportunities.
Topics in this key interest area may overlap with business development and strategy (BD&S), admissions and compliance (A&C), transnational education (TNE) and students (STU).
Sessions in MKT focus more on the processes for creating and communicating ideas designed to promote and sell international education offerings (including market research) and the recruitment of international students, whereas sessions in BD&S focus on high-level ideas, concepts, initiatives and strategies that aim to improve business outcomes, achieve organisational goals, increase growth, inform strategic decisions and pursue strategic opportunities.
This KIA will be of interest to:
- marketing and communications professionals
- delegates who are interested in market and course diversification
- business development staff interested in growing and expanding their portfolio
- delegates responsible for international engagement and student recruitment.
9 February - Call for proposals opens
10 March - Call for proposals closes
1 June - Registration open
31 July - Early bird registration closes
10-13 October – AIEC 2023