English language (EL)
This key interest area focuses on sessions relating to the provision of intensive English language training for international students as well as to English language testing.
Topics under this KIA typically cover:
- English language competence
- English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) quality and standards
- English language courses and study pathways
- ELICOS student visas
- English language testing
- government policies affecting learning, teaching and assessment of English as a second language (ESL) in the context of international students
- innovations in English language teaching and assessment including the role of technology
- leadership in English language teaching
- assessment, classroom performance and student outcomes
- ELICOS market updates
- English language students’ health and wellbeing.
This KIA will be of interest to:
- academic managers and directors of studies in ELICOS and pathways
- admissions staff
- staff and agents responsible for marketing and recruitment of students into English language programs.