Learning abroad (LA)
This key interest area encompasses all forms of staff and student international mobility with a particular emphasis on student learning abroad (outbound and inbound) and virtual mobility.
Topics under this KIA typically include:
- learning abroad programs, including exchanges, internships, practicums, study tours and virtual mobility
- creative approaches to enhancing access to and diversity of participation in learning abroad programs
- trends and developments in learning abroad
- innovations in learning abroad program design and destinations
- mobility innovations in non-traditional settings and sectors
- work and learning outcomes from participating in learning abroad
- funding and grants (including the New Colombo Plan)
- student safety in learning abroad.
This KIA will be of interest to:
- learning abroad professional staff
- academic staff involved in learning abroad programs – e.g. study tour leaders
- admissions staff (for learning abroad).