AIEC 2021 Virtual Conference
Themed ‘new horizons’, this will perhaps be the most important AIEC of our time. We must come together to learn and share our experiences, find ways to support and enable our international students to continue on their education journey and strengthen our sector. We may not have all the answers, but we know a new era is dawning for our sector.
What is a virtual event and what does it mean for AIEC?
For AIEC 2021, this means that the main event will be hosted on the AIEC virtual platform, a.k.a the Virtual Attendee Hub. This platform is powered by Cvent, and will be the launching pad for an array of activities that will inspire, inform, challenge and delight.
Some activities will be hosted on Zoom or on the Braindate platform, but these will all be accessible from Cvent Virtual Attendee Hub.
As a virtual attendee, you will have the opportunity to watch sessions in real time or view recordings on demand. You will also be able to connect with colleagues, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors via the Cvent-powered virtual platform.
Before the conference
On Monday 20 September, all attendees will be given access to the virtual platform. You will be able to:
- create your attendee profile
- see who’s attending
- build your personalised agenda by selecting which sessions you want to attend live, and which you want to watch later on demand
- watch pre-recorded content such as ‘Inspire' videos market insights and sponsored videos
- browse the virtual exhibition
- book appointments with registered delegates, speakers and exhibitors you want to connect with during the conference
- browse the Braindate marketplace and create topics for braindates or join other attendees’ braindates
During the conference (5 to 8 October)
During the week of the conference (5 to 8 October) the two audiences, in-person and virtual, will be able to interact with one another to learn, share, network and make meaningful connections via the Cvent powered virtual platform and app.
watch streamed sessions: all Plenary and concurrent sessions will be streamed over the four days of the conference, and other streams will be recorded and available on demand after the conference
interact with other attendees via virtual platform
- participate in interactive sessions by submitting questions through the virtual platform or participating in polls
- attend the virtual social events (Welcome Reception, Happy Hour and Conference Dinner)
- interact with virtual exhibitors during exhibition hours (all exhibitors will have a virtual booth), either by pre-booking a 1:1 appointment or by dropping into their booth ‘chat room’
- share your feedback in real time through polling and surveys
- join and participate in virtual braindates (on the virtual Braindate platform)
After the conference
Both in-person and virtual attendees will be able to:
- watch (re-watch) sessions on-demand three months post the event on the virtual platform
- follow-up via chat with your Braindate connections
- download exhibitor resources