Data demystified: communicating data with impact
Date: Tuesday 15 October 2019
Time: 1pm – 4pm
Location: Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre
If attending the conference: $280
If only attending the masterclass: $330
Looking to make practical use of data for maximum organisational insight? This interactive workshop will help you identify and communicate convincing insights from a range of international education data resources.
Specifically, we will explore:
- how to identify and articulate key business problems
- how to recognise and gather relevant data and information
- techniques to identify what information matters and how to present it
- how to effectively deliver the story using insights and visuals.
Participants will uncover the most relevant international education data sources as well as best practice in how to access and use them. They will also come away with a broad framework for tackling strategic and operational problems using quantitative information.
This session will provide participants with an understanding on how to improve data literacy and confidence with interpreting quantitative information, propose a framework for solving business problems using data, select data sources, key metrics and variables for analyses in international education, how to write an insightful and convincing narrative based on data analyses, how to confidently select ideal data visualisations to communicate trends and how to conceptualise business problems in terms of a research question suitable for analysis.
Key interest areas:
- Marketing and recruitment
- Business development and strategy
This workshop is aimed at international education practitioners who require access to and use quantitative information to inform strategic and operational business objectives. It will be particularly relevant to regional recruitment managers, planners, business analysts, policy officers and marketing staff. Please note that this is not aimed at expert data users.
- Darragh Murray, Manager, Strategy and Engagement, Navitas, Australia
- Lyndell Jacka, Head of Research, IDP Education, Australia
- Kadi Taylor, Head, Strategic Engagement and Government Relations, Navitas, Australia
- Other speaker(s) TBA