5 minutes for the presentation, followed by small group discussions.
No. of speakers
Recommended: 1 speaker / Maximum number of speakers: 2
You do not need to nominate a chair. A chair will be appointed by the Program Committee.
Lightning presentations build upon the successful and popular AIEC e-poster sessions at previous AIECs. Watch the video below to see how they run.
Presentations will be grouped by key interest area into sessions that will take place in the Lightning Lounge.
A session will typically include three (3) to five (5) presentations:
- Chair intro (5 min)
- Presentation #1 (5 min)
- Presentation #2 (5 min)
- Presentation #3 (5 min)
- Presentation #4 (5 min)
- Speakers and delegates breakout (5 min)
- Small group discussions (2 rounds of 20 minutes, or 3 rounds of 15 minutes)
Each presenter will have approximately five minutes to present at the start of their session.
After all presentations are completed, the rest of the session will be dedicated to smaller group discussions. The audience will split up into smaller groups and discussions will be held at a different terminals situated within the Lounge.
Lightning presentations provide the opportunity to talk to people on a one-to-one basis, with more time to do so than a traditional presentation.
Proposals for presentations are assessed based on the quality and relevance of the content, the proposed delivery, and their value within the context of AIEC.
The formal presentations will be held at the main stage of the Lightning Lounge. There will be seating available for the presentations.
Small group discussions will take place at touch screen terminals situated within the Lightning Lounge.
Discussions at the touchscreen terminals will be ‘standing’ only. There will be no seating for presenters or audience at the individual poster terminals.
A presenter portal will be made available closer to the conference date. Further details will be provided to speakers of accepted proposals.
- Browser requirements: Google Chrome recommended. The website will work on all devices and browsers with an internet connection.
- File size: 50MB maximum , including videos
- Screen ratio: Landscape 16:9
- Number of slides: Maximum of 5 slides, including 1 title slide and 4 content slide
- File formats: PowerPoint .pptx, .pdf, .mp4 and .mp3
- AV Enabled: Audio and Video in file is allowed
Delegates will be able to browse the presentations before the session, and presentations will remain available for 12 months after the conference.